If you have never been to Conference before please don't be too nervous, it's just like a big friendly family get together with some interesting speakers thrown in. Dress comfortably, feel free to fall asleep (or fall down) as the need takes you - no one will comment, laugh or moan - its a weekend where you can forget your woes and be amongst friends. The staff at the conference hotel are briefed on N&C so ought not to make wrongful assumptions should you fall down in the Bar or Lounge areas.
Do share this event with your PWN friends as there are still people missing from our database which we intend to make the only true registry in the UK.
This is a 'nice' hotel with seating areas, bar, etc., which you can visit whether resident or not - the overnight rates are not cheap hence we have chosen a venue surrounded by more reasonable priced travel lodges, B&Bs, guest houses, etc., to fit most pockets. Your ticket price will include a buffet luncheon on Saturday - please confirm any dietary needs in advance. There is normally no meal on Sunday.
We have booked space in the main Conference Room for 200, cabaret style. We shall have our Luncheon in the foyer where there is access to an open air area giving fresh air and space for the smokers amongst the group.
Our speakers are varied and we hope to offer something for everyone. Final speaker lineup is yet to be entirely confirmed - however we expect to a have some foreign nationals coming in from Europe and the USA. This year we are excited to announce that Julie Flygare will be a featured speaker.
- Matt O'Neill presents an update on our Charter project - the Charter Project has only been viable due to a National Lottery Community Fund grant for which we are absolutely grateful.
- Julie Flygare, President & CEO of Project Sleep and the author of Wide Awake & Dreaming: A Memoir of Narcolepsy.
- Other Speakers to be confirmed - Watch this space.
- Henry Nicholls, author of the book "Sleepyhead" is most likely going to present.
- We have some young people who have gone through school and are now in University.
- More mature PWN telling you tales of their lives - the downs and the ups.
- A speaker on sleep/dreams and ideas of how to get the balance right.
- Plus break out sessions.
Sunday will bring a presentation on Community Fundraising and Volunteering (volunteering is good for the CV)
We look forward to meeting friends old and new.
Children welcome to meet up - we shall have playleaders but this is not a creche.
Older Young People may wish to take advantage of the Games Annex with Music TV, Pool Table, Fooze Ball, Table Tennis.
PLEASE NOTE: NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON THE DOOR BOOK IN ADVANCE ONLY
TICKET TRANSFERS ONLY VIA Nicola.Rule@narcolepsy.org.uk - if not, we cannot honour changes made via FB/privately.
BOOK EARLY - AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT - MAKE THIS A WEEKEND TO REMEMBER
Manchester, M3 2EQ
Event terms and conditions