If you are prescribed Xyrem® (sodium oxybate), you may be interested in UCBCares, a helpline for doctors and patients that aims to address any questions or concerns about treatments or products made by UCB, the supplier of Xyrem®.
UCBCares aims to provide the following service:
- Single point of access for patients and healthcare professionals for information and assistance with UCB products and services
- Medical information solutions; where the focus on fulfilling patient needs moves beyond just product information
- Therapy area related information
- Recording and responding to reported product complaints
- Recording all reported adverse events
UCBCares in the UK can be contacted by phone (01753 777100) or email (UCBCares.UK@ucb.com). It seems that the helpline is operated by UCB personnel during normal office hours, and by a third party supplier at other times.
A similar scheme operates in Ireland, for which the contact details are +353 1 463 2371 and UCBCares.IE@ucb.com.
More information can be found at the UCBCares website: www.askucbcares.com/uk/.